Inverness Townscape Heritage Project
The ITHP has sadly come to a close, having started in September 2015 and completed in March 2021.
We would like to thank everyone who participated and helped make this project such a success.
You can still access our digital heritage trail & download our free maintenance guides as per the links below.
A video has been created to celebrate the project’s achievements and is available via the link below.
The Inverness Townscape Heritage (TH) project was a grant-giving scheme that helped communities to regenerate Conservation Areas displaying particular social or economic need.
Focusing on Academy Street the TH project involved a number of funders contributing to a project fund, from which grants were given to local property owners, businesses and organisations to allow them to carry out high-quality repairs and historic reinstatement to properties and spaces within the defined TH area.
The aim of the Inverness TH project was to improve the quality of life for those who live, work or visit Academy Street by:
• Preserving and enhancing the character and appearance of the street
• Repairing and restoring authentic details and materials
• Bringing historic buildings back into appropriate, sustainable and economic use
• Improving public realm to make Academy Street a welcoming and attractive environment.
• Increasing training opportunities in heritage skills and wider community engagement