West Side: 91-97 Academy Street

In 1920, these businesses were running from the buildings, including the popular Blackfriars Pub:

91 A. Fraser, watchmaker

Blackfriars, or as it was known in 1920, the Academy Street Hotel. The building dates from around 1793 and originally traded as a general provision store and coffee house until 1867 when it became Fraser’s Temperance Hotel. This building has changed its name many times over the years…

97 John W. Mackenzie, flesher
99 John MacLeod, gasman