This building was originally built in 1812, as the home of Mr John Edwards, a one-time Sheriff-Substitute and a well respected gentleman in Inverness.
The Inverness Burgh Directory for 1920/21 states that the building was occupied by Macdonald, Fraser Co., Ltd., auctioneers
J. R. Macavoy, auctioneer
Miss Colvin, Registry Office
A. Mackenzie, labourer
In latter years, it was occupied by Martin’s, a well-loved furniture shop.