West Side: 115-119 Academy Street In 1920, these buildings were occupied by: 117 Alex. Noble, merchant 119 Fraser Sutherland, hairdresser
West Side: 101-113 Academy Street In 1920, the following businesses were operating from these buildings: 101, 105 Antonio Sidonio, confectioner 103 J. R. MacAvoy, auctioneer 109 John Skinner, chemist 111 A. Mackintosh, H.R. Mrs Maclennan 113 Donald Mackenzie, ladies’ and gent’s tailor
West Side: 91-97 Academy Street In 1920, these businesses were running from the buildings, including the popular Blackfriars Pub: 91 A. Fraser, watchmaker Blackfriars, or as it was known in 1920, the Academy Street Hotel. The building dates from around 1793 and originally traded as a general provision store and coffee house until 1867 when…
West Side: 83-89 Academy Street The next block of buildings, in 1920, were hosting the following: Robert R. Paxton, grocer George Gollan, painter Miss Fraser No. 85 Mrs Macdonald Miss Annie Macdonald Robert Forbes, insurance agent Miss Forsyth No.87 W. & R. Wilson, hairdressers
West Side: 71-79 Academy Street Numbers 71-79 Academy Street, in 1920 was the premises of A. Howard Carson, motor hirer, which was latterly SMT (Scottish Motor Traction Company Ltd) and in more recent years, the former Farmfoods on Academy Street.
West Side: Old High Church Hall, Academy Street Old High Church Mission Hall (as it was known) on Academy Street in 1920. The Hall dates back to 1876 and was originally built as a school.
West Side: Empire Theatre, Academy Street This drawing shows in great detail the Empire Theatre and in 1920 it was known as The Central Hall Picture House, with T. B. Snowie named as the assistant manager.
West Side: 55-61 Academy Street 55 – 61 Academy Street: these drawings show us the building as it was in 1920 and at that time, the following businesses were trading: 55 Dundee Equitable Boot Depot Andrew Bremner, manager 57 F. A. Black, solicitor 61 A. Macleod & Co., clothiers Alex. Macleod Norman A. Macleod
West Side: 45-49 Academy Street 45 – 49 Academy Street, which the 1920/21 Inverness Burgh Directory tells us was occupied by MacIver & Co. cabinet manufacturers
West Side: 35-41 Academy Street This beautiful drawing shows us how the building appeared in 1920.