The ITHP has sadly come to a close, having started in September 2015 and completed in March 2021.
We would like to thank everyone who participated and helped make this project such a success.
You can still access our digital heritage trail & download our free maintenance guides from our homepage.
A summary to celebrate the project’s achievements will be published in the very near future… until then, cheerio from us all…
The Inverness Townscape Heritage project is a direct outcome form the implementation of the City Centre Development Brief.
City vision: A can‐do place where individuals, communities and businesses are able to realise their full potential and fulfil ambitions that benefit them, their city and the wider region.
City Centre Development Brief key aims are to:
- Improve the commercial vitality and viability of the City Centre
- Make the City Centre the most attractive and desirable place for businesses to locate
- Enhance the user experience for tourists and other visitors
- Make the most of our historic buildings
- Reconnect the City Centre with the river frontage
- Increase connectivity and active travel to, from and within the City Centre
The development phase of the Inverness TH project held a number of consultation events; please see the presentation from the final event:
More information on the strategic context of the TH project can be accessed at the following links:
The Highland Council Inverness City Centre Development Brief: Area based supplementary guidance
The Old Town Conservation Area Management Plan: Inverness Old Town Conservation Area Management Plan